Sunday, December 13, 2009

What determines acne scars? Should some people just let the zits sit on their face?

My teenage brother in law has this friend and the other day he and I were discussing how his friend needs to pop the huge zits on his face. But then there are a lot of doctors and skin gurus that will tell you not to pop the zits because it could lead to scars.





There are a lot of people I know with acne scars, though. Is this because they popped the zits so hard or just left them there and they left a scar. I would personally not let a zit fester on my skin like that, and I remember when I was a teenager and got my first one and didn't know any better to take care of it, I did have a mark (a small scar) there for a long time. So what is it exactly that causes the scars? Is it because you did or didn't pop? And if it is because the person chose to pop, is it because they did it too hard or picked it too much?What determines acne scars? Should some people just let the zits sit on their face?
Scarring has a lot to do with the genes. People of ethnic backgrounds that tend to have darker skin colors are much more likely to scar, and also Asians. The popping will most likely cause a scar if it is forced too soon. The best way to remove a pimple is to cleanse the face twice daily, and also exfoliate and steam. The pimples will usually pop on their own. If not, steam and use q-tips, gently working them on the sides of the swelling and they will pop. By squeezing too hard, you can spread infection and make the pimple worse. But for the most part, as I said, some people are more prone to scarring than others. When I was in school, a couple of the girls said they had cystic acne and took medication for it. A couple of years later there isn't a single scar on their faces. I personally have a scar for every single zit I've extracted, even if I did it the right way. But that goes for all over. I scar anywhere. Some people are just lucky.


But your friend should probably do something to remove the pus, it isn't doing his skin any good to stay in there like that. But it just needs to be done the proper way.
  • microsoft office
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    secured loan