Friday, December 11, 2009

How to get rid of my acne and zits?

I'm 19 and i smoke almost everyday and drink once in a while. I have been struggling with acne since end of freshman year. Ever since then its just been getting worse and worse. Since then its moved on to most of my facial area and on my back. I have tried different types of acne medications like ProActiv, Murad, and all the other ones sold at stores. Nothing seems to help. My skin gets pretty oily fast. I also get a fair share of zits on my face. I still sometimes use toothpaste for that or this clarifying mask that came with the ProActiv. Still doesn't work. If they do end up disappearing they just come right back. I've tried running once in a while to sweat out all the toxins in my body....wishing that would help. I kinda gave up on it but haven't been working on exercising for too long. Is there any hope that I will lose this acne or atleast have it under control? I've got acne scars all over and have purchased Mederma for my scars. If you can please help me maybe with some diet tips or anything else I could try I would greatly appreciate it. My confidence is down the drain and I need help. Thanks ladies and gentlemen for your help.How to get rid of my acne and zits?
See a dermatologist and try to get accutane if you can afford it. It's very expensive, but it is the only thing that worked for me. I have acne until I was almost 30 and I wish I had gone to the doctor sooner.How to get rid of my acne and zits?
try the new zeno. it zaps your pimples. also research has concluded that carbs actually cause more acne, not sweets like they said before. maybe lay off the smoking and drinking? some of those things that you do could make you sweat and then make your skin more oily and cause more pimples. also if you over-wash your face and wash it like 3 times a day, you can give yourself more zits because the washing your face dries out your skin- making your skin feel like it needs to produce more oil. so you get more oil which causes ore zits.
I've heard ProActiv dries out your skin, so I use Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser 3 times a day (morning, in the afternoon when my skin tends to get oily again, and at night). I recommend this wash to everyone because it works on all skin types. I also use Neutrogena Oil Absorbing Sheets in the afternoon if I don't have time to wash my face (just swipe over forehead, nose, and chin and it totally absorbs oil). As for the back acne (I have the same problem), if you sleep in a tee shirt with a bra underneath it, don't wear the bra. When you sleep, your back gets oily and the oil gets trapped underneath the fabric, forming more zits. When you shower or bathe, use a sponge or something with soap and scrub your back, which helps.


Hope this helps!
1) Cook oatmeal and apply on face for fifteen minutes and wash.


2) Make a warm bath with blanch of nettle and rosemary.


3) Apply equal amount of lemon juice and rose water with a cotton ball and wash it after haif an hour for 15 to 20 days.


For dozens of more ways, prevention, types and reasons check


http://www.beauticianworld.com/acneremed鈥?/a>



LOL good answer Cat and Lamb, but I think he's a guy so the bra thing is out? :)





You should definitely see a dermatologist if your acne has being going on that long and bothering you as much as it does. For the Accutane suggestion, my sister went on Accutane and she suffered some permanent vision loss (she can still SEE but her vision has deteriorated, used to be like 20/20) and some stomach problems. Accutane has also been said to cause depression in some people and even suicide so if you're feeling down about your acne you might not want to make that feeling worse. There are many other acne medications that are less serious but still achieve results that you could consider. However, the thing with medications is that as soon as you stop taking them you will often have your acne flare up again.





I would reccomend that you DO take a medication (you can go on and off them to be safe) but also choose a cleanser that doesn't irritate or overdry your skin. The one I use is Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Wash, I find that it doesn't clear up my acne but it definitely keeps it in a mild state. You can also try topical gels like PanOxyl (although that one didnt work for me, ive heard good things about it from others), Clean %26amp; Clear, Clinique, and many others. My advice: DONT use ProActiv. It doesn't work any better than any acne regiment you could buy in the drugstore. You can also get blotting wipes for excess oil.





If the acne isnt going away completely and still bothers you, you could consider wearing a light concealer or foundation. I know you're a guy and ooh makeup on a guy is weird or whatever, but i dont think it is and I know other guys that wear concealer/foundation and find that it boosts their confidence. Buy one thats oil free and non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic.





As to the smoking and drinking, I'd reccomend you stop that just cause its bad for your overall health and could very well be contributing to your problem. Drinking more water (at least 6-8 glasses a day) improves skins condition as well. Also, moisturizing your skin with an oil free moisturizer is always good to do.





Anyways, hope that helped. You should go and see a dermatologist though, and even if they're no help try the tips above.
Panoxyl face wash is the strongest stuff on the market. You may experience further acne for the first 2 weeks though, however after this period your spots should reduce considerably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan