Sunday, December 13, 2009

My skin is really oily and I get lots of zits - help!!?

should i wash my face more? or apply creams?My skin is really oily and I get lots of zits - help!!?
my suggestion is to use more gentler products. I used to use harsh products for acne that are all medicated but too much of these medicines are way too harsh for ur skin. One or two is fine though. I鈥檝e used stuff from proactive, acnefree, medicated cleansers, expensive department store stuff like sheseido, differin, duac, etc. none of them worked very well for me. Most of them made my skin worse.





i have oily, acne-prone skin too. and i used to have a scatter of pimples all along my forehead too. but now it stopped and currently i only have two tiny whiteheads on my chin (barely noticeable).





But I have some acne scars on my cheeks and, thank goodness, they are actually fading away in a reasonable pace. i also, have some rough patches on my skin leftover from acne scars but they are becoming as soft as the rest of my skin with help from my skin products.





i tried the neutrogena acne mark fading peel. that didn't do anything for me at all... except maybe exfoliate my skin (and kinda irritated it too cuz my skin turns all red when i wash it away).





bottom line: its expensive and does not work.





i read some people's reviews on it online and it didn't work on them either.





so i stopped using that and started using some new products... and my acne scars are amazingly slowly fading away! i dont noe which product is doing this- it could be all of them!





for the dark marks (acne marks), use AMBI skin lightening cream sold at drugstores, target, walmart, etc. for around $4.99. IMPORTANT: only put the cream DIRECTLY on the scar and the scar only! if u just spread it all over a certain part of ur face, it will turn into a blotchy mess and will take a while for it to return to ur normal skin color!





Here are the products I am currently using that has been treating my skin like a miracle:





cleanse with morning burst cleanser by clean and clear in the morning and oxygenating fizzing cleanser at night (also by clean and clear). use cooling daily pore toner by clean and clear and do not use an astringent which will strip away natural oils and cause ur face to produce more oil than needed.





use an oil-free moisturizer with spf 15 and above for day (purpose dual moisturizer or clean and clear morning glow moisturizer). use dual action moisturizer by clean and clear for night.





use persa-gel 10 for breakouts and pimples.





and use a clay mask containing sulfur once or twice a week (more on days of breakouts). try queen helene mint julep masque. or proactive refining mask. U can also spottreat and dab on a spot of it directly on ur pimples without rubbing it in. just dab lightly! and leave it on overnight. it should become smaller, less red, less noticeable, or disapear completely the next morning.





exfoliate with the Neutrogena invigorating foaming scrub only once a week.





If u use makeup, use only oil-free and water-based foundation (but I suggest u not use foundation at all because oil-free or not, it will clog ur pores), and oil-free powder and concealer. Try getting one that contains acne-fighting ingredients (look at some Neutrogena products).





DO NOT use toothpaste or deodorant or any of those weird ';remedies';!! they are only myths and will only ruin ur skin condition even more! stick with things that are MEANT for ur face.





Also, after I washed my pillow and blankets (that I hadn鈥檛 washed for a few weeks), my skin stopped breaking out so much everytime I wake up in the morning. I realized that wherever I put my face on the pillow, I wake up the next morning with a huge red pimple right on that spot where my face was on the pillow! So wash it every week or as much as possible. And also wash ur towel. Don鈥檛 use a washcloth because it collects bacterias everytime u wipe ur face with it and it gets all over ur skin鈥?unless u wash it after every single time u use it. Instead use tissue paper, toilet paper, or paper towels to blot ur face dry.





i hope that helps! :]My skin is really oily and I get lots of zits - help!!?
use birth control pills....specifically Yasmin. It helps clear up pimples %26amp; gives you a baby soft skin on your face. Your face will never be oily or have pimples again (for as long as you take birth control pills). Report Abuse

try washing at night before bed with soap and hot water then apply noxema or a generic substitute and dont rub it in but let your skin absorb it in and leave it on all night. wash the same way in the morning and splash off with cold water. after 4 nights you will see the difference... Report Abuse

this happened to me, all you have to do is use a mild cleanser once day. if you feel the need to keep washing your face throughout the day just splash with cold water and blot dry with a towel. don't wipe because then you are removing more oils and making your sebaceous glands over work themselves.
oi, in highschool, i had hella bad acne. like, all over my face, big ones, monster ones, and tiny ones to fill in the spaces left over :-p


i eventually learned what caused a zit, though. bacteria. and also noting the oily texture of my skin, i thought of something that would get rid of the bacteria (antibacterial) and the oil/grease (dish soap) dawn dish detergeant worked perfectly for me. here's what i did:





put a small dab of the stuff on the zit and ONLY on the zit. small enough so that it will not run to other non-zit areas of your face. now, assuming you shower in the morning, do this routine at night before bed, and leave the soap on your zits overnight. it will sap out the moisture from the zits, causing them to shrink, dry up and new skin underneath it will grow rapidly, causing a slight itching. don't scratch! they will flake off in their own time--you will be able to brush them away with your fingers.





also, put the dish soap on the ''not-yet-born'' zits. you know, the painful/tender ones? this has actually kept them from ''blooming'' on my face many times, and it never fails me. yeah, ask your folks and they might freak out like mine did. if they force you to get an actual facial soap, don't despair. get a soap with a lot of triclosan in it. that's the same stuff in dawn that kills bateria, and it's also found in toothpaste, so you know it's safe. dawn was my favourite, though, since it was such a harsh soap, it really helped clear my face up.
Wash your face frequently with cold water and use a face pack of grated apple. You can find more cheap, effective and natural home remedies for oily skin at http://www.wellnesstalk.org/oilyskin.htm鈥?/a> .
don't wash it more but after you do, use Cosmedicine medi- matte. It really cuts down on oil production and reduces pore size.
i use hand soap and use doctor prescribed cream every other day. my sister told me hand soap is better becuase its less sensitive. it worked.
Appl creams nd a non oil based lotion. I read somewhere that oily skin means your skin is actually dry and your pores are trying to hydrate themselves and it results in oily skin. The problem comes in when people think they're skin is not dry because of all the oil. Wash with a crmem based cleanser, apply toner and a non oil hydrating lotion. And go see a dermatologist.
Washing your face too often will dry your skin and as a result, will stimulate your skin to produce more oil. Two times a day is enough, or three times if you've been out and really greasy. Avoid creams, use gel intead. I think you should see a dermatologist.
Wash twice a day. Do NOT overwash, that will make it worse. Get a good skincare regiman. As someone that tried everything, even a dermatologist, I can tell you that Mary Kay is worth trying. It worked for me. They have a great oil control lotion that keeps oil down all day. Plus, when you use a whole product line that is meant to work together, it will be better than using a bunch of random products.





I would also try the microdermabrasion. You do it 2-3 times a week and it was a miracle for me! It has two steps, refine and nourish. The refine exfolliates your skin removing dead cells that clog pores and make skin look dull. Also helps minimize blackheads. The nourish step feeds your skin with vitamins to promote better growing skin cells.





ALL Mary Kay products are guaranteed, so if they don't work, you aren't stuck with another set of cleansers and such that you don't like.
The more you wash your face the more your oil glands will work overtime which will cause your face to become more oily. I really recommend you getting Proactive. I have been using it for the past couple of years and it is great. It's quick and easy. It can get a little expensive ($50 a box) but you only need to use a little bit at every washing so it will last you. I truly love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan