Friday, December 11, 2009

My face is clear, except for the large zits on cheeks. They hurt. What can I do?

My face was clear for the past 2 weeks.. and then it seems like I will break-out with 2 pimples/cysts(?) that are under my skin for about 2 weeks. Is it my diet? I eat a lot of dairy. My sheets are washing as I type (though it's been 2 weeks since last washing them). Also, I tend to sleep on my stomach with my face under my pillow/blanket. Could this be causing me to break-out? I use Clean and Clears oil free foaming facial cleanser (the bottle says that it fights ';bacteria from forming';) and has cleared up all of my other acne (except for the painful zits on my cheeks) HELP PLEASE!My face is clear, except for the large zits on cheeks. They hurt. What can I do?
Those zits are too deep. Use a lot of hot compresses to increase blood flow to the area and the moisture will help break down the sebum and oils. Do 15 minutes of hot compresses at least twice a day. Dab with honey with a little baking soda like a pack and cover with a band-aid at bed time.





The clean and clear could be contributing to those deep zits. Clean and clear and other acne products dry out your skin so the sebum and oils can't flow freely out of the pores. So, it gets plugged deeper and deeper inside as the dry skin layer grows thicker.





Try this article on Associated Content, and see if it doesn't work better for you than the chemicals in clean and clear...


http://www.associatedcontent.com/article鈥?/a>My face is clear, except for the large zits on cheeks. They hurt. What can I do?
Pop them with an ice pick. Over a bathtub for drainage.





No, seriously, vinegar. It's probably more of a hormonal thing, and it'll clear up once you get older. In the meantime, vinegar is good stuff.





Antimicrobial things make bacteria weaker in the short term(when you first put it on) but the bacteria get stronger in the long term(months or years later) So they have to keep finding new antimicrobial chemicals. Use vinegar. It's been around 3000 years, and the bacteria still haven't figured out how to fight it. Nor will they ever. It worked on my acne!
Sleeping with your face burried definitely doesn't help. Your skin can't breath. As for the zits on your cheeks, try washing your face and( this may sound kind of wierd) put vinegar on the zits. It might sting for about 10 seconds but it works really well.
go to longs, rite aid, or target and get On-The-Spot Acne Treatment from Neutrogena. it honestly works like a charm
I just made the switch from Clean and Clear to Clearasil and my stuff's cleared up. Weird, huh? See what ingredients your cleanser has and try switching and see if that helps. What I use is the ';acne-fighting scrub.';





But it's weird that they're just a couple of zits.. Your diet doesn't really have much to do with it unless you're having an allergic reaction. I would say sleeping under your pillow might have an effect, since you're breathing and sweating under there. Just try something different, I guess. (Some people say to wash your sheets and pillowcase once a week, but I do every 2 weeks and I'm fine.)





Anyway, if your weird zits seem like they're on a monthly schedule, it may be because of hormones. My period causes me to break out, so I feel horrible AND look horrible... But anyway, if changing your sleeping or face wash doesn't do anything, I'd see your doctor or a dermatologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan